This is how most of my cooking goes, “Hey honey what do you want for dinner?” “Umm, I am not sure whatever you want.” “I want you to pick and I will just make it.” (Husband) “I want you to look up a restaurant that sounds good to you and find something on their menu for me to make.” (Wife) “Okay, I want a healthier Buffalo Blue Cheeseburger.” (Husband) “Sounds good honey, watch me work!” Introducing a Buffalo Blue Cheese Bean Burger with a side of Fries.
Blue Cheese Sauce
2 ½ oz. Blue Cheese (Crumbled Gorgonzola Statesboro)
18 oz. Mayonnaise (Dukes)
3 tbsp. Chopped Green Olives
3 tbsp. Onion powder
1 Garlic Clove chopped
Mix together and dilute with Buttermilk to desired consistency. When you add this Blue Cheese Sauce with Buffalo sauce it becomes the best mixture.
Blue Crumbled Gorgonzola Statesboro- Cave-aged a minimum of 90 days, this cheese is somewhat sharper in flavor but less acidic, rendering a sweeter flavor profile. I buy my cheese from my local Reasor’s.
Buffalo Blue Cheese Bean Burger
Ingredients: This recipe makes approximately 3 burgers.
1 can black beans
3/4 cup sweet peppers
1/2 sweet onion
1 minced garlic clove
1 tbsp. Chili powder
1 tbsp. Cumin
1 tbsp. Brown Sugar
3/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp ground Pepper
3 Pretzel Hamburger Buns
1. Preheat oven on Broil.
2. Pour black beans onto a cookie sheet and spread out evenly. Cook the beans on broil for about 7 minutes (flip the beans over after 4 minutes). This will help crisp up the beans, so they do not turn into mush later.
3. Switch the oven onto Bake at 350 degrees F.
4. Pull beans off grill and pour into a mixing bowl (I use my Kitchen Aid).
5. Add onions, garlic, breadcrumbs and peppers and place into a small blender. Pulse a couple times to chop finely.
6. In a bowl add Egg, Chili powder, Smoked Paprika, Brown Sugar, Ground Pepper and mix.
7. Add Eggs and seasonings into the bean mixture. Blend until the mixture becomes sticky and sticks together.
8. Form into patties using your hands or a burger press.
9. Cook for about 10 minutes on each side or until patties are crunchy. The great thing about a bean/veggie burger is you can cook them until your own desired temperature.
10. Add your toppings, Blue Cheese sauce, and Buffalo sauce on your Pretzel Bun and enjoy!