Summer can bring along many new fun ideas on Pinterest and TikTok but for lots of us summer is just another season, and the workload doesn’t stop! Here we’ve got the perfect solution for a summer dinner that’s full of our favorite summer flavors without all the hassle and clean up. These skewers are quick and easy to assemble, and the sauce is one that’s a necessity to try! You’ve never tasted salmon like this!
- 1.31 lbs. Fresh Salmon
- ½ White Onion
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 pkg Fresh Basil
- 1 Shallot sliced thin
- 3 Lemons sliced
- 2 Tbsp. SPG Kosmos Dry Rub
- 3 Tbsp. Okie Honey
- 5 Tbsp. Butter Sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Propane Grill
- Thermoworks Timestick Trio
- Thermoworks Thermapen One
- 4 Bamboo Skewers
Cook Time: 8-10 Minutes
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Temp: 250 degrees F.
- Prep Ingredients- Start by washing all your vegetables off under cold water.
- Remove the skin from the salmon- Using a sharp knife cut the skin off the salmon.
Tip: If you can buy the salmon with the skin removed, I would do that.
- Cut the following into small bite chunks that will fit on your skewer. Cut the bell peppers, fresh basil, shallot, lemons, onion.
- Season the meat- In a small bowl add the salmon cubes, olive oil, and Kozmos SPG dry rub.
- Build the Skewers- Add the following onto the skewer in this order, onion, salmon, bell pepper, basil leaf. Repeat this order until the skewer is full and set aside for the grill.
- Place the kabobs on the grill on medium/high heat and place the sliced lemons on top of the kabobs.
- Making the sauce- place 5 tbsp. butter in a cast iron sauce pan when you start cooking the kabobs. Once the butter is melted add the honey and chopped shallots to the saucepan. Mix and set aside.
- Cook the kabobs for about 2-4 minutes rotating them every 60 seconds. After 4 minutes place the kabobs into a cast iron skillet to finish cooking on the grill. Using a skillet will allow the kabobs to cook in the sauce without a lot of flare up from the flames.
- Time to Sauce it up- With the kabobs in the cast iron skillet pour the sauce all over the kabobs.
- Once the salmon on the kabobs have reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F, remove them, and enjoy!