If you’re looking for an easy meal that’s full on flavor and low on carbs, this has got you covered. What makes this recipe even better is using the fresh, crisp produce provided by Localfarmok! This delivery service takes all the guesswork out of running circles in the produce section and brings a wonderful variety of produce each week on my doorstep! We always have a blast thinking about what to make with new produce, especially things we haven’t ever tried before! Thanks for sponsoring this post Localfarmok!
- 3 Hatch Chile Peppers (Roasted)
- 1/4 cup White Onion
- 1/2 Lime; Juiced
- 1 tbsp. cilantro
- 1 bundle lettuce
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp Japanese Seven Spice (McCormick)
- 1 tsp Korean-Style Red Pepper (McCormick)
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Japanese Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- 24oz Swanson Chicken Breast (In a can)
- Dice the white onion, cherry tomatoes and place in a bowl. **Tip** the finer the dice the better this will taste. Next, add the lime juice and cilantro to the bowl. Stir together until everything is mixed well and let sit for about 10 minutes. This is basically making Pico de Gallo so feel free to taste test. 🙂
- In a saucepan, add your soy sauce and granulated sugar. Mix and simmer on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Next, set aside to cool and you will see the sauce begin to thicken.
- Dice the Hatch Chile Peppers into small pieces and set aside.
- In a frying pan add the butter, Garlic powder, onion powder, Japanese sesame oil, Japanese Seven Spice, Korean-Style Red Pepper, Hatch Chile peppers, Chicken and cook on medium heat for about 4 minutes. Tip: Drain off the liquid from the can of chicken prior to adding into your pan.
- Now, using a spoon with drain holes scoop the Pico de Gallo out of the bowl. Mix everything together and cook for an additional 2 minutes on medium heat.
- 6. Break off large pieces of lettuce that you will use for the lettuce wraps. Tip: Rinse the lettuce off before using and break the light green part of the lettuce off. Now, scoop one spoonful of the chicken mixture and place in the center of the lettuce.
- 7.Using a spoon dip, it into the sauce and drizzle on top of the lettuce leaf.
- Top these wraps off with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and enjoy!
Enter your email below to subscribe to my website and blog.