Let me introduce you to the Flaming Hot Cheetos of Brussel Sprouts. You simply will not be able to put these down. I bring these out and my wife and child immediately come at me with a fork, they never make it to plating. 😆 Thank you to LocalFarmOK for sponsoring this post and of course providing these bomb veggies right to my doorstep!! 🙌💯
- 10-15 Brussel Sprouts
- 1 sliced Shallot
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Lemons Sliced
- Fresh Herb Bundle (Oregano, Sage, and Thyme)
- 6 pieces of Bacon
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Fresh Black Pepper
- ½ tsp. Salt
- Cast Iron Skillet with lid
- Add 6 pieces of bacon to the skillet and cook till crisp. Leave the bacon grease in the skillet.
- Rinse off the Brussel sprouts under cold water and cut in half.
- Turn the stove top on medium heat and add the Brussel sprouts face side down in the grease.
- Add the 3-tbsp. olive oil, butter and cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn on the oven for 325 degrees F and set a timer for 20 minutes.
- Now add the lemon slices, shallots, fresh herb bundle, and bacon. Time to add the seasoning, sprinkle in the garlic powder, black pepper, and salt.
- Place the lid on top of your cast iron skillet and place the skillet into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and test the tenderness with a fork. If the fork easily goes through the Brussel sprout, it is cooked enough.
- Squeeze the cooked lemons on top of the Brussel sprouts and enjoy!