Who doesn’t love the McRib? Although, I’m sure we could all do without the guilt of the high calorie, high sodium meal. This is a great, homemade alternative giving you that same great flavor without a lot of the harmful chemicals! Don’t be afraid to try homemade. My wife always reads over the instructions to make sure cooking newbies (like her) can understand. Print it out, highlight your steps, and try it out! McRib < MoodieFoodieRib
- St Louis Ribs (Pork)
- Hamburger Buns (Onion with Poppy Seeds)
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp White Sugar
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1 24 oz bottle of Coca-Cola
- 1 tsp. Worchester shire sauce
- 1 tsp. Soy Sauce
Smoke Time: 5 hours
Cook Time: 5 Hours
Temp Setting: 226 degrees F
Bisquettes Flavor: Hunters Blend
Ribs Completed Temp: 145 degrees F according to the USDA. However, for this recipe we will cook them until 190 degrees F.
Cooking Method: 3-1-1
- Set your Bradley Smoker to the listed settings above.
- Making the rub- In a mixing bowl, add the following: brown sugar, white sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, chipotle chili powder and mix.
- Peel the membrane off the back of each rack of ribs. Season both sides of the ribs using the listed ingredients above.
- Place the ribs into the Bradley Smoker for 3 hours. Tip: Be sure to set a timer so you don’t forget about them!
- Remove the ribs from the smoker and wrap each rib rack in heavy duty aluminum foil. Pour ¼ cup Coca-Cola, dash of Worchester sauce, dash of soy sauce and fold back up tightly. Place the ribs back into the smoker and cook for another hour.
- Remove the ribs from the smoker and take the ribs out of the foil. Heavily coat each rack of ribs using BBQ sauce and place back into the smoker for the final hour.
- Let the ribs rest for about 10-15 before cutting them.
- Removing the bones- No one wants bones in their sandwich, so let’s remove them. With the rack of ribs on their side (facing vertical) push the meat downwards and the bone will break loose.
- Building the rib sandwich- Toast the bun, add the fresh lettuce, boneless ribs, onions, and a splash of BBQ sauce. Enjoy!
Join chef Bryan Edwards for a series of recipes aimed at helping you hone your cooking skills. We will focus on flavor, presentation, technique, fun, and more!