Hi, I’m Bryan Edwards,
an independent blogger and amateur chef
who has a passion for family and good food.
I’m not always a “by the book” sort of chef. I think we all put our own twists and spins on all our favorite recipes depending on our own personal tastes. That’s why I love creating recipes that are customizable. This French Toast can be topped with your favorite fruit (or chocolate chips in my daughter’s opinion). You can use gluten free bread and sugar free syrup if you are looking for a leaner breakfast. You can make any flavor filling that will make your friend, partner, child or family member smile. So take my recipe, twist it, kick it, bop it. (Wait, that may be a 90’s game). Same rules apply! Make up your own rules, grab some people you love, and have a blast. Enjoy breakfast, Reasor’s family!
French Toast Ingredients:
- French Brioche Bread
- 2 tbsp. Griffin Syrup
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ Block Cream Cheese
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Medium eggs
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. Nutmeg
Cream Cheese Stuffing- In a bowl add, ½ block cream cheese (Heat for 15 seconds in the microwave), 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, and mix.
- In a large bowl mix together cinnamon, whipping cream, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Lay out 2 pieces of Brioche Bread and spread the cream cheese mix onto one side of the bread.
- Then combine both pieces together, trapping the cream cheese mix inside.
- Dip the bread into the batter on both sides so the bread absorbs the liquid mixture.
- Place bread into frying pan on medium heat with a pad of butter.
- Cook on each side until the cooked side is golden brown (about 30 seconds on each side) and then flip to the other side.
- In a pan with 1 pad of butter turn on medium heat. Slice one banana in half place into the skillet flat side down. Flip over for about 20 seconds and add onto your French toast.
- Add any of your favorite fruit toppings, Griffins Syrup, and enjoy!
Griffin’s Food Company located in Muskogee, OK specializes in the production and packaging of liquid and emulsified semi-solid based food products. Their primary expertise is table syrups, light corn syrup, molasses imitation and vanilla and mustards.
Join chef Bryan Edwards for a series of recipes aimed at helping you hone your cooking skills. We will focus on flavor, presentation, technique, fun, and more!