Father’s Day Cooking
Daddy Daughter Pizza was so much fun to make with my daughter. I wanted to share this recipe with everyone so you can make it too with your kids. I want all fathers out there to remember the whole point to this day. This is our day to celebrate the opportunity to be a Dad. This recipe is not hard or complicated so you can spend your time making memories with the ones you love most. I will never forget the this day of making pizza as I look forward to many more Father’s Day celebrations. Cheers!
- Pizza Dough
- ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- Pizza Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar mix Cheese
- Fresh Mozzarella slices
- Pepperoni slices
- Temperature: 400 F.
- Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- In a mixing bowl add 2 cups of All-purpose flour
- In a measuring cup add ¾ cup warm water (110F), add ¼ tsp. Instant yeast and allow to sit for 3 minutes. Tip: This will quick start the yeast. Add 1 tsp. salt and 1 tbsp. Honey and stir.
- In the mixing bowl with the flour add the liquid mix. Allow the dough to mix thoroughly and ensure no flour is left not mixed.
- Once all the flour is mixed, touch the dough with your finger and if the dough is sticky add an additional 1 tbsp. flour. Mix and repeat until the flour does not stick to your finger.
- Allow to sit for 30 minutes and cover with cheesecloth (If you do not have cheesecloth any cloth will work).
- Knead the dough for 15 minutes or until the dough feels firm.
- Rest for 30 minutes
- On a flat surface, spread out about ½ cup of flour, spread the flour out larger than the pizza size. This will help keep the dough from sticking to the surface as you shape the dough into a pizza.
- Place the dough onto the floured surface and roll the dough out until you get the desired thickness/shape.
- Pre Heat oven to the listed settings above.
- Place the dough onto a pizza pan or a cookie sheet, and place in the oven. Set a timer for 10 minutes- This will allow the dough to rise quickly, and start cooking before you sauce it up. Tip: Do you want your dough to be extra crispy? Fire up your grill to about 300F and cook on both sides for about 1-2 minutes. This will keep your dough from getting soggy if you like extra sauce.
- Remove the dough from the oven. Now, add your sauce, cheese, herbs (optional), and toppings of your choosing.
- Place back into the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Bon Appetit everyone!