Springtime can be for more than just allergies for some of us! It is finally time where fresh fruits and veggies are in stock and we can experiment with more than just the fried chicken sandwich you’ve been grabbing in the drive through twice a week. Introducing; the Springtime Salivator. Tested by a family gathering, this sandwich brings the heat and the sweet. The strawberry sauce and the glaze are just enough to cool off the chipotle kick. My family was fighting over the last half of this sandwich and the only complaint was everyone wanted more strawberry sauce for dipping, so if you’re a sauce family; make extra! Enjoy not only your updated allergy meds this spring, but Moodyfoodietulsa’s Springtime Salivator.
2 Chicken Breast Boneless
½ tsp. Chipotle Chili Powder
½ tsp. Onion Powder
½ tsp. Garlic Powder
½ tsp. Sea Salt Ground
½ tsp. Black Peppercorn Ground
1 package Honey flavored Goat Cheese
4 Brioche Hamburger Buns
½ cup Milk
½ tsp. Cinnamon
¼ cup Brown Sugar
½ tsp. Vanilla
1 Romaine Lettuce
1 Package Black Pepper Thick Cut Maple Bacon
1 Cup Buttermilk
2 Tbsp. Strawberry Balsamic Glaze
1 Cup Fresh Strawberries
1 Tbsp. Honey
¼ Cup Sugar
1 tsp. Chipotle Chili Powder
Strawberry Sauce Directions-
- Rinse the strawberries off under cold water and cut into slices.
- In a saucepan add 1 tbsp. Butter and strawberry slices, turn on medium heat.
- Cook down the strawberries until they become mushy.
- Time for the blender- Blend the strawberries until the turn into a sauce consistency. Place back into the saucepan.
- Add the honey, sugar, and chipotle chili powder. Cook for an additional 60 seconds.
- Brine the chicken for at least 4-6 hours- take a bowl and add the buttermilk and strawberry balsamic glaze. Mix now add the chicken breast.
- Turn on your grill on high so it can start to heat up. The grill should be between 200-300 degrees F before adding the chicken.
- Pull the chicken out of the brine and place onto a cutting board. Season one side of the chicken and place onto the grill. Once you place the chicken onto the season side, go ahead and season the other side. Now both sides have seasoning on the meat and set a timer for 60 minutes. Once the chicken reaches 150 degrees F, add the strawberry sauce.
- Now that the chicken has reached 165 degrees F internal temperature set aside.
- Time to make the batter that you will be dipping the hamburger buns into. In a bowl add the egg, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and mix. Dip the part of the bun where the chicken will go onto the bread into the batter and place onto the grill. Wait about 60 seconds or until the bottom of the bread is crispy then flip.
- Cook the bacon- On a bacon plate- Place the bacon into the microwave to cook for 3-4 minutes depending on how done you like your bacon.
- Build your sandwich- Place the lettuce on the bottom bun, add the chicken, bacon, goat cheese, and top off with a little strawberry sauce. Enjoy!