Growing up as a kid my parents always pushed me to try new food and drinks. I will never forget the day I tried a vegetable and liked the taste and texture. What was the tasty and crisp vegetable I speak of? Introducing the Artichoke, this is by far my favorite vegetable ever! Traditionally you would steam these and dip them in a butter/garlic salt mix. Now I have combined a few of my favorites to bring you a whole new recipe that everyone will love.
Have you had an Artichoke? If not please read below, if so, skip this part. If you have never ate an Artichoke (like my wife) here are a few basic tips to keep you safe. 1. Do Not Eat the Whole Leaf, only the bottoms of the leaves with the meaty texture at the bottom. 2. In the center of each Artichoke is the actual Choke, this part of hard and has fibers that look like fur. Do not eat that part either. Now this might seem like a whole lot of do not’s, however the taste of the vegetables is worth the work in my option.
- 4 Artichokes
- Jalapeno Peach Cheeseball & Appetizer Mix (Wind & Willow)
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Milk
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 1 Jalapeno
- 4-6 Peach slices (Can or Fresh)
- Strawberry Balsamic
Bradley Smoker Settings:
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Smoke Time: 20 minutes
Temp: 226 F. or 107 C.
Wood: Caribbean Blend
Craibbean Blend Bisquesttes- Bring a whole world of flavor to your next meal using the Caribbean Blend Bisquettes. We created the perfect pair by infusing mesquite bisquettes with allspice, a Caribbean staple. With flavors like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and pepper, you can be sure you will never be short on flavor.
When paired with mesquite these bisquettes can for sure bring the authentic Jamaican flavor to your Jerk Chicken. Also pairing well with beef, game, lamb, poultry, and vegetables.
Premium Bisquettes are the newest line of Bradley Flavor Bisquettes®, featuring spices and herbs to enhance the taste and aroma of your favorite smoked dishes.
Available in 24-pack and 48-pack sizes.
- Rinse off the Artichokes under cold water and cut off the stem at the base.
- Cut each Artichoke in half (Hotdog style), using a spoon remove the Choke inside. The Choke is the hairy looking part inside the vegetable. When done you should have created a pocket in the middle for your stuffing.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to your Instapot and then place the wire rack in the bottom of the bowl. (All Instapots come with a wire rack). Place the Artichokes cut side down and make sure the water is not over the vegetables.
- Turn on manual for 7 minutes and set the sealing control to seal. This will steam the Artichokes prior to you smoking them on your Bradley Smoker. Tip: How to tell if the Artichokes are steamed enough? Pull the leaf at the bottom of the base, if it pulls off easily, they are done.
- Start your Bradley Smoker!! Use the settings listed above.
- Using the Bradley Smoker nonstick mats, lay onto the metal rack before placing the vegetables onto the mat. Tip: These mats work great to keep your food from falling through the holes in the racks. Set a timer for 20 minutes and start making the stuffing. See below.
- Using a spoon, place one whole spoonful of stuffing in the middle of the Artichoke. Slice the jalapeno into small, thin slices.
- Add the jalapeno slices, peach slices, and drizzle a small amount of Strawberry Balsamic on top.
Jalapeno Peach Cheeseball & Mix Directions:
- Follow the Hot dip instructions- You will need 8oz Cream Cheese, ¼ cup Sour Cream, ¼ cup Milk.
- Combine Mix, Topping, cream cheese, sour cream, and milk. Stir constantly over low heat until mixture is warm and thoroughly blended.