Do you sometimes wish you could have the best of both worlds? Having trouble deciding on what’s your dinner? Allow me to introduce the tangy, savory taste of smoked barbecue meat with the light, citric flavor of your favorite street tacos. If you are wanting an upscale taco recipe that will impress your friends, then this is the recipe for you. Not many taco recipe use sirloin tips that have the meat marinated for two days. The taste of sage smoke pairs nicely with the sirloin tips. The P10 Bradley Smoker delivered a premium, clean smoke for anything you wish to smoke.
Sirloin Tips 1/16 oz.
6 Flour Tortillas
4 tbsp. Sour Cream
1 cup Baby Spinach
½ cup Apple Juice
Tip: Marinade steak for 48 hours (2 days) in the marinade listed above using a 1-gallon zip lock bag. *Warning please simmer the marinade for minimum 10 minutes to ensure the alcohol content cooks out*
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1oz white rum (No one under the age of 21 yrs. should use this ingredient.)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. chopped onion.
Mix all together in a saucepan and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes before using.
Bradley Smoker Settings:
Smoke Temp: 251F
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Smoker Timer: 50 minutes
Bradley Smoker 5 piece Tool Kit
Sirloin Tips Butcher Box
Bradley Smoker Non Stick Mats
Sage flavored Bradley Smoker Wood Bisquettes
Bradley Smoker Foldable Kitchen Table
Smoke X Thermometer
Sage Bisquettes- Sage comes from the Northern Mediterranean, where it’s loved by Italians and the French for its hearty and distinctive flavor. Its aroma contains, hits of lemon, mint and woody notes. Lamb, pork, poultry, and cured meats are enhanced by the flavors of sage and maple bisquettes. Herbs and spices like rosemary or black pepper are also good pairings for sage.
- Set your Bradley Smoker to the listed settings above.
- Place the steak on the nonstick mat, place onto the grate, and place into the smoker.
- Place the apple juice in a spray bottle and set a timer for 20 minutes. Spritz the steak tips every 20 minutes to keep the outside of the meat moist.
- Turn on the grill on high heat to perform a reverse sear on the steak tips.
- After 50 minutes in the smoker, pull off the smoker and dip each piece into the marinade before placing onto the grill. Now place on the grill and hear that meat sizzle as it touches the hot grill. Using a meat probe check the meat and cook until 165 F (Almost well done). Pull off the grill when the internal temperature of the steak is to your preference.
Recommended Internal Temperatures.
Beef Med Rare 145F/ 63C
Beef Med 160F/71C
Beef Well 170F/77C
- Using a rag, get the entire thing wet and place the flour tortillas in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Add the steak, spinach, sour cream to the flour tortilla and enjoy!
ButcherBox– Get the meat you want shipped directly to your front door, its as easy as that. In this recipe above I used the Sirloin tips from ButcherBox. If you have more questions or would like to get setup with your meat order click the link below.
100% grass-fed and grass-finished? YES
Humanely raised? YES
Source of Omega-3s, vitamins, and minerals? YES
Ever given antibiotics or added hormones? NO