A lot of people get intimidated by smoking but I’m here to tell you even some of the most intricate looking recipes are actually quite simple if you take it 1 step at a time. This spicy smoked chicken is sure to impress guests and family members this winter season. And if my kitchen-challenged wife can figure this one out; I promise you can too! Feel free to add extra cream cheese or jalapenos depending on your spice preference. Happy smoking! This entire recipe is designed to be cooked on your Bradley Smoker. I am using the Bradley Smoker P10 series to help achieve that wonderful taste that everyone wants.
1 tbsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
One dash sea salt crushed
One dash peppercorn medley crushed
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground white pepper
Using an empty seasoning container add these ingredients above in one container and mix. This will be the seasoning you use to season the inside of the chicken breast.
Bradley Smoker Settings:
Temperature: 226 F
Smoke Timer: 2 hours
Timer: 2 hours
- Turn on your smoker and set your smoker to the listed settings above.
- Cut each chicken breast in half (horizontally). This way you can stuff each chicken breast.
- Divide the ½ block of cream cheese into thirds and spread evenly. Top off each cream cheese spread with about 1/3 of Mexican four cheese and candied jalapenos.
- Using the seasoning mixture, we created dust each chicken breast on top of the cream cheese/four cheese.
- Lay the top piece of the chicken breast on top of the cream cheese mixture and using baking twine tie two strands around the chicken to keep them from falling apart.
- Season each chicken with the freshly crushed salt and peppercorn medley.
- Place into the smoker and set a timer for 60 minutes.
- Pull the chicken out of the smoker and place into a cast iron skillet. This will help the chicken retain moisture in the meat and add some more flavor. While pulling out the meat, turn the temperature up to 320 F. The temperature increase is because adding an iron skillet into the P10 smoker takes more heat to cook the chicken in the skillet inside the smoker.
- While placing the chicken into the skillet; rub the creamed jalapeno honey on the outside of the chicken. Add ¼ cup BBQ sauce, 4 tbsp butter into the skillet and place back into the smoker until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.