This recipe is for all my crab lovers out there that want something more. I chose the King Crab over Snow Crab for the simple reason of wanting more meat. While the Snow Crab is tasty the King Crab has way more meat on their legs. The cool thing about smoking the crab is that it is quick and relatively easy. This recipe will definitely impress your friends and family. You may not know that majority of the crab imported in the US has already been broiled on the boat when its caught at sea. This helps preserve the freshness of the crab before freezing it and then shipping it to the destination. This recipe won’t leave anyone crabby. This entire recipe is designed to be cooked on your Bradley Smoker. I am using the Bradley Smoker P10 series to help achieve that wonderful taste that everyone wants when they bite into their crab.
1 ½ pounds King Crab
½ stick Butter
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Lobster Base (Better Than Bouillon)
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
Bradley Smoker Settings:
Temperature: 256 F
Smoke Timer: 25 minutes
Timer: 25 minutes
- Set smoker to above settings.
- Set crab onto a cutting board and using a saucepan melt ½ stick of butter. Add 1 tsp. lobster base in the butter and stir.
- Using a baster; baste each crab leg in butter.
- In an empty spice container add in chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. Season each crab leg using these ingredients and place into the smoker.
- After 10 minutes have went by; baste each crab leg again in the butter sauce.
- After 25 minutes pull out of the smoker and enjoy!
Bradley Smoker | Electric Smokers | Smoker Recipes | Food Smoking