I don’t like blue cheese.
I also don’t like mushrooms.
My wife and her father love both.
I am learning to be a good chef it often means creating recipes others love even if it’s not something that’s personally to my taste. Yes, I will closely watch them take their first couple bites and I watch to make sure they go back for seconds. This is the way I get my personal seal of approval for something I don’t necessarily “like”. So, whether you’re a blue cheese/mushroom person or you love a blue cheese/mushroom person. Try my recipe. Just do it.
1 carton baby Portobello mushrooms
½ cup Cream Cheese
3 tbsp. Mayonnaise
1 cup Blue Cheese crumbles
1 tbsp. Excalibur Garlic Butter seasoning
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and set a timer for 20 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place the cream cheese into the bowl and microwave for 15 seconds. (Just enough to loosen up the cream cheese).
- Add in the mayonnaise, blue cheese crumbles, and garlic butter seasoning. Stir well.
- Rinse the mushrooms under cold water and remove the stems. I use handle part of the spoon to remove any part of the stem remaining that doesn’t come out when you pull it out.
- Using a spoon, stuff the mushrooms.
- Place the mushrooms in the oven and set a timer for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Enjoy!