- 2 Cups of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Cold Butter (Preferred frozen)
- 1 Cup Cold Buttermilk
- 2 Tsp. Honey
How to make fresh Butter and Buttermilk from Heavy Whipping Cream. Click on the video below to learn more.
1. Add 2 cups heavy whipping cream to your kitchen aide. Please watch the video above to get your fresh Buttermilk and Butter. (If you bought buttermilk from the store you can skip step 1 and go to step 2.
2. Preheat oven to 425 F
3. Grade 1/2 cup butter. This will only work if the butter has been in the freezer overnight. Tip: Use frozen unsalted stick butter and the smaller the grade the better.
4. Add flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl and stir together.
5. Now add in the buttermilk and honey. Stir together until everything is mixed well.
6. Before placing the dough on the cutting board, toss 1/3 cup of flour onto the surface to keep the dough from sticking. Now place the dough on the cutting board and using your hands press the dough into a rectangle. Press the dough evenly into a 1″ thickness, now cut your biscuits using a 3″ biscuit cutter.
7. Place in a cast iron skillet (Don’t forget to use non stick spray on your pan).
8. Bake for 17 1/2 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
These look so delicious– I’ve been looking for a recipe… 🙂
p.s. I started a blog recently, I hope you check it out! 🙂