I was pleased when Reasor’s asked me to be a part of their Hatch Chile Fest again this year. I had such a fun time doing it last year and I like posing similar challenges to myself with lengths of time in between to see how my talent has progressed and grown. Last year I made an excellent casserole and this year I wanted to up the ante. Are you one of those people who likes breakfast for dinner? Do you try and cut down your caloric intake in the evening? Well, I wanted to make 3 recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner that you could mix, match, and enjoy. This 24 Hour Hatch fest is great to give you the sweet, spicy, and delicious. All 3 recipes are made with Reasor’s Hatch Peppers they get in every summer. My recipes range from ultra-spicy (lettuce wraps) to sweet and sultry (bean burger). So run to your local Reasor’s, pick up some roasted hatch peppers (yes you can buy them pre-roasted and save yourself some time) and try out one, two, or all three of these recipes and spice up the end of your summer the right way! Thank you again to Reasor’s for partnering with me again this year and thank you for allowing me to be creative year after year.
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes
- ¼ cup minced Hatch Sweet Yellow Onion
- 1 Hatch Green Chile (minced)
- ¼ cup salsa
- ½ cup Mexican Four Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Cilantro
- ½ cup French Fries (Precooked)
- Sweet Japanese sauce
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Cook ½ cup of French Fries in an air fryer or oven. Using a chopper, chop up the fries until the texture is semi crunchy and mushy. Set aside to use this later.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and set aside.
- On a cutting board, mince the onion, hatch chile, cherry tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Using a frying pan turn on medium heat (4-5 on gas stove) and add butter. Once the butter is melted add the whisked eggs.
- Now its time to add the onion, hatch chile, tomatoes, cheese, fries, and cilantro.
- Cook the omelet for about 3-4 minutes or until the bottom of the omelet turns a light golden yellow. Flip the omelet over so that on both sides it is cooked.
- Now add your favorite salsa and Soy Sauce Glaze on top and enjoy!
Soy Sauce Glaze
Ingredients: ¼ cup Sugar and ½ cup Soy Sauce
- In a saucepan, add your soy sauce and granulated sugar.
- Mix and simmer on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Next, set aside to cool and you will see the sauce begin to thicken.
Enter your email below and get subscribed to my website and blog!