As my wife continues her diet plan I have been thinking about healthier meals that I can make for us. I wanted something fresh, full of flavor, with a crunchy texture. These Lettuce wraps are so tasty and are great for parties. These flavor loaded wraps will have your guests happy and wanting more. I hope you enjoy this recipe and feel free to share it so others can taste it too.
4 Hatch Chile Peppers (Roasted)
1/4 cup Sweet Onion
1/4 cup White Onion
1/2 Lime; Juiced
1 tbsp. cilantro
1 lettuce head
15 Cherry Tomatoes
1/4 cup granulated Sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tsp Japanese Seven Spice (McCormick)
1 tsp Korean-Style Red Pepper (McCormick)
1 tsp Bad Ass BBQ Rub (Hop Barons)
1 tbsp. Olive oil
2 tbsp. Butter
24oz Swanson Chicken Breast (In a can)
1. Dice the sweet onion, white onion, cherry tomatoes and place in a bowl. **Tip** the finer the dice the better this will taste. Next, add the lime juice and cilantro to the bowl. Stir together until everything is mixed well and let sit for about 10 minutes. This is basically making Pico de Gallo so feel free to taste test. 🙂
2. In a saucepan, add your soy sauce and granulated sugar. Mix and simmer on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Next, set aside to cool and you will see the sauce begin to thicken.
3. In a frying pan add the olive oil, Japanese Seven Spice, Korean-Style Red Pepper, Hatch Chile peppers, and cook on medium heat for about 4 minutes.
4. Open the can of chicken and drain off the excess water before adding into the frying pan. Next, add butter, chicken, Bad Ass BBQ Rub to the frying pan. Now, using a spoon with drain holes scoop the Pico de Gallo out of the bowl and add in with the chicken and Hatch Chile peppers. Mix everything together and cook for an additional 2 minutes on medium heat.
5. Break off large pieces of lettuce that you will use for the lettuce wraps. Now, scoop one spoonful of the chicken mixture and place in the center of the lettuce. Using a spoon dip, it into the sauce and drizzle on top of the lettuce leaf.