You know how most black bean burgers taste like dried out crumbly hamburgers where if you use JUST enough Ketchup, you can choke it down? Introducing a true black bean burger that tastes like if your favorite taco and your favorite burger had a baby. Let’s be honest, that’s a baby everyone wouldn’t mind taking care of. So this Memorial Day, give the fast food a break, let the cows roam another day and take advantage of this juicy, hearty, black bean burger. (Also, pairs well with white wine, I’m being told from my tipsy wife). Happy Memorial Day Weekend to our Honored Veterans!
Ingredients: This recipe makes approximately 3 burgers.
1 can black beans
3/4 cup sweet peppers
1/2 sweet onion
1 minced garlic clove
1 tbsp. Chili powder
1 tbsp. Cumin
1 tbsp. Brown Sugar
3/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp ground Pepper
3 Pretzel Hamburger Buns
- Preheat grill on high between 300 to 350 degrees.
- Pour black beans into a grill friendly dish that will allow you to cook the beans grill top. Grill the beans turning them every 30 seconds until they become crisp (about 10 minutes).
3. Pull beans off grill and pour into a mixing bowl (I use my Kitchen Aid).
4. Add onions, garlic, breadcrumbs and peppers and place into a small blender. Pulse a couple times to chop finely.
5. In a bowl add Egg, Chili powder, Smoked Paprika, Brown Sugar, Ground Pepper and mix together.
6. Add Eggs and seasonings into the bean mixture. Blend until the mixture becomes sticky and sticks together.
7. Form into patties using your hands or a burger press.
8. Grill for about 5 minutes on each side or until patties are crunchy. The great thing about a bean/veggie burger is you can cook them until your own desired temperature.
9. Add your toppings on your Pretzel Bun and enjoy!
Thank you! It was so good🍔
Sounds like a winning combination, thanks for the recipe
Thank you so much!