Excerpt from Mrs. Edwards: “I’m on day 11 of a new diet, and as anyone who’s been very disciplined on a diet can tell you, it’s exceedingly difficult. Training your body to a new way of digesting food can be exhausting and being married to a chef; well that can just be pure torture. I have been trying to be overly cautious watching him make his delicious meals not to catch myself snagging bites or a spoonful of anything not “on plan”. So, let me tell you, I was ecstatic when Bryan mentioned he would be willing to make me a date night meal that was on plan and I would not have to cheat. Birthdays, anniversaries and celebrations can make dieting very exceedingly, so I was so relieved when I got to enjoy date night while also not “cheating”. This is a very simple, yet filling meal that still gives you the fine dining effect without having to unbutton your pants in the car ride home or needing to rip your spanx off as soon as you get home. If you or someone you love is trying to watch what they eat, I will highly recommend giving this dinner a try. The drink is light and refreshing and just one will get you feeling relaxed without blowing your caloric intake. I think in marriage, this is what they refer to as, compromise. Give this a try and have a great weekend! Love always, Mrs. Moodyfoodietulsa”. 🙂
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp Dipping Spices (Alessi Tip N’ Grind)
- Salt and Pepper
Directions: Add all these ingredients into a small measuring cup and blend.
A big thank you to Urban Greens Tulsa for sponsoring a portion of this recipe. If you would like to check them out and order you some microgreens click the link below. The Rainbow Mix microgreens includes grower’s pick of the freshest flavors mixed arugula, radish, broccoli, amaranth, mustard, cabbage, and peas. The Sunflower microgreens are crunchy green stem with nutty sunflower flavor.
- Rainbow Mix Microgreens
- Sunflower Microgreens
- Edible flowers
- 1/2 Sweet Red Onion
- 4 Sweet Peppers
- 1 Boiled Egg
- 1 Sliced Avocado
- 2 tbsp. crumbled Goat Cheese
- 2 Blackberrys
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breast
- Lemmon Pepper Seasoning (Bone Suckin’ Sauce) You can get this at your local Reasor’s.
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 1/3 cup shredded Carrots
- Rinse chicken under cold water and dry using a paper towel. Season each side of chicken using the lemon pepper seasoning.
- Heat your grill to 350°F and turn on your oven to 400°F to preheat. This chicken is going to be grilled on a open flame on each side of the chicken breast for 60 seconds.
- Prepare the dish to bake the chicken. Lay 4 tbsp. butter in the bottom of the dish and lay the chicken on top of the butter. Add your shredded carrots and sliced onions on top of the chicken so they can cook as well. Set a timer for about 35 minutes or until the chicken reaches a internal temperature of 165°F.
- While your grill is still hot place your peppers on the grill for about 30 seconds on each side. Rotate them until they get a little charred on each side. Once they are done, pull them off and slice them up.
- Using a strainer, rinse your Microgreens under cold water before plating. Plate a handful of the Rainbow mix first followed by the Sunflower mix. Add your sliced avocado on top of your greens and add one slice of your boiled egg. Next, add the pepper slices, edible flowers, and goat cheese on top of your greens.
- Slice your chicken into thin strips and place on your plate next to your greens. Add the shredded carrots and onions on your greens.
- Top off this beautiful salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette and enjoy!
For this tasty meal, I paired it with one of my wife’s favorite drinks. This white wine mixer is extremely easy to make and tastes even better. I added an edible flower inside an ice ball for a little décor.
¼ glass Moscato wine (Tidal School Wine)
1 oz Brut Champagne (Cooks)
Flowered ice cube