I wanted to combine two of my favorite ingredients to make a dinner that you will not forget. I used my rub recipe for the chicken and topped it off with some honey garlic for a glaze. The garlic, corn, and peppers make for some great side options as well. If you want my recipe for my garlic or corn I have them posted as well. I cooked this meal on my Bradley Smoker P10 to achieve that smoky flavor.
- 1 tsp red pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Mix these ingredients together using a coffee grinder. Tip: I used an empty spice container when applying the rub.
Honey Garlic Glaze
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Heat together in a saucepan for about 3-5 minutes on medium heat.
Smoke Time: 1 hours
Cook Time: 2 Hours
Temp Setting: 226 degrees F
Bisquettes Flavor: Mesquite
Chicken Completed Temp: 165 degrees F.
- Preheat your Bradley Smoker to the settings listed above.
- Use the rub listed above to coat the chicken breast thoroughly on each side.
- Place in the smoker for 60 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breast from the smoker after 60 minutes.
- Using the Honey Garlic Glaze, baste each chicken breast on each side. Wrap each chicken breast in foil and 2 tbsp. of apple juice (Ensure the apple juice does not leak out).
- Place back into the smoker and cook until the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
In the picture below I am using my ThermoWorks Mk4 Thermapen to check the internal temperature of the chicken. If you haven’t checked out the Thermapen click the link below.