This Zucchini and Onion bowl has some unique flavor with some familiar characteristics. When you take a bite you get the familiar taste of Italian salad dressing followed by a smooth smoky flavor. You can serve this bowl hot or cold depending on what your preferences are. This dish makes great leftovers for the next day as well. For this recipe I used my Bradley Smoker P10 so I can achieve that perfect smoke flavor.
- 1 Zucchini
- 1/2 Onion
- 6-10 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Parmesan shredded cheese
- 2 cups Zesty Italian dressing
Bradley Smoker Settings
Cook time: 60 minutes
Smoke time: 60 minutes
Cook temp: 241 F
Wood Bisquette flavor: Mesquite
- Preheat Smoker as directed above.
- Wash all vegetables under cold water.
- Slice zucchini into thin slices (About the thickness of a half dollar) and lay throughout the pan. Tip: Space out the slices so smoke can travel between the vegtables easier.
- Cut the onion in half and separate the layers. Place the layers on top of the zucchini slices in the pan.
- Add tomatoes (Do not slice or chop).
- Drizzle Italian dressing over the vegetables coating them in dressing.
- Baste with Italian dressing every 25 minutes and using toss the vegetables to ensure even coating.
- After 60 minutes or until tender remove the vegetables from smoker and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Place in a bowl and enjoy!