These Baby Back Ribs were so tasty and I can still taste them just reading this recipe. This recipe is for the 3-2-1 method, however you could use the 3-1-1 for more competition style ribs. If you want fall off the bone ribs then use the 3-2-1 method for these baby backs. If you are wanting more of competition style rib then I recommend going with the 3-1-1. Either option you pick the recipe is still very flavorful and will be a crowd pleaser. In this recipe I used my Bradley Smoker P10 to achieve that excellent smoke flavor .
- 1 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/3 cup apple juice (for Step 2)
Mix these ingredients into a spray bottle and turn on mist setting.
- 1 tsp red pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
Mix these ingredients together using a coffee grinder. Tip: I used a empty spice container when applying the rub.
Smoke Time: 3 hours
Cook Time: 6 Hours
Temp Setting: 226 degrees F
Bisquettes Flavor: Apple
Ribs Completed Temp: 145 degrees F according to USDA ,however for this recipe we will cook them until 191 degrees F.
Cooking Method: 3-2-1
Set your Bradley Smoker temp, smoke, and timer.
- Set your ribs out of the fridge and allow to reach room temperature before placing in the smoker.
- Remove ribs from package and remove membrane (See attached picture) from the backside of the ribs. If you are having trouble gripping the membrane use a paper towel to grip it.
- With the membrane removed now apply the rub on both sides. Tip: I used all of the rub on these ribs that the recipe made.
- Step 1 of (3)-2-1 Place the ribs in the smoker and start your timer for 3 hours. Use the Spritz and mist the ribs every hour to help keep the meat moist.
- Once the ribs have cooked with smoke for 3 hours its time to turn off the smoke generator. Pull the ribs from the smoker and wrap them in foil. Pour 1/3 cup apple juice in the foil and wrap up tightly.
- Step 2 of 3-(2)-1 Place the ribs (wrapped in foil) back into the smoker for 2 hours. You don’t need to smoke during these two hours because the ribs are wrapped in foil.
- During the final step 3-2-(1) unwrap the ribs and get your sauce ready. Place the ribs back onto the rack and sauce them on both sides. Use whatever sauce you prefer (I make my own sauce). Place the ribs back into the smoker for the final hour after they have been sauced.
- Now its time to admire those tasty ribs that you have been waiting for. The meat should be pulled back from the bone a bit as seen in the picture.
- Your ribs are done! I hope you have enjoyed this recipe.
How to read your temperature?
I use my ThermoWorks Thermapen Mk4 to read my meats temperature. Click the link below to check out the Thermapen Mk4.
- 2-3 second readings!
- High accuracy to ±0.7°F (±0.4°C)
- Includes NIST-Traceable calibration certificate with test data
- Foldaway thermocouple probe
- Patented auto-rotating display
- Use in either hand
- Motion-sensing sleep & wake mode
- Intelligent backlight
- Waterproof to IP67
- 3,000 hour battery life (AAA Battery)
- Display temps in °C or °F
- With full readings in only 2 to 3 seconds, the Super-Fast® Thermapen is the world’s best in speed and accuracy. Advanced technology makes the new Thermapen Mk4 even more intuitive than previous models. Hold it in any direction and the display automatically rotates right-side-up so you can read it in any position—in either hand, straight up or down; read temperatures without cocking your head.
A great tool for achieving that perfect meat temperature for a medium rare steak on your grill.
When I was making this recipe I had multiple foods cooking on the smoker at once. That mean I had several different temperature, times, and alarms going. I was tired of having to use my phone and I just wanted a simple, easy to use timer. That’s why I use the ThermoWorks TimeStick Trio.
- 3 Timers in One
- Easy to Set, Start & Stop
- One-handed use
- Backlit display
- Durable & Splash-Proof
- Counts Down & Up
- Includes neck lanyard
- Designed in Utah by ThermoWorks
- TimeStick Trio is the easiest-to-use triple timer in the world. Each of the three timers has its own display with its own Set and Start/Stop buttons. No confusion on how to set a timer, how much time is left, which one is sounding or how to stop any of the three.