This is an easy recipe that I recommend if you have a new smoker or grill that you’re eager to use. Don’t get me wrong; even easy recipes are still tasty ones that everyone loves to eat. This recipe is designed for the 5lb bologna tube that you buy at your local grocery store (pictured later in post). In this recipe I am cooking on my Bradley Smoker to get that perfect finish on this Bologna.
Meet Bradley’s New Hot Smoker! First in the Professional line, Bradley 5 Rack 1000W Food Smoker is perfect for professional chefs or food smoking aficionados looking to master hot and cold food smoking in a large-capacity Bradley smoker.
No babysitting, no hassles, no checking, no worries. Just set it and forget it. Fully automatic: load up your Bisquettes® and water then smoke for up to 10 hours), completely insulated and digital (you choose the time, temperature and amount of smoke). You get consistent, deliciously-smoked results. Every time!
Smoker internal operating temperature range 30 º C – 160º C / 86 º F – 320º F
Built-in Smoke generator with windowed Bisquette® compartment and automated Bisquette® advancement to smoke up to 10 hours with no refilling.
Professional grade 76L stainless steel body design.
Improved temperature accuracy and dual temperature probes. Featuring PDI (proportional-integralderivative) controlled heating.
Smart smoking with up to 50 of your favourite recipes that can be created or downloaded using a USB stick. Controlling, time, smoke and temperature for the perfect recipe.
Sold Exclusively at bradleysmoker.com
Bologna Binder Ingredients
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 1 tsp Molasses
- 1 tsp Honey
Tip (Heat in a pot to get the molasses and honey to mix evenly with the mustard).
Bologna BBQ Rub Ingredients
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs plain
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorn ground
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
1. Preheat your smoker to 230 degrees F. For this recipe I used mesquite wood to smoke with.
2. Using the tip of a sharp knife, cut into the bologna about 1/2 inch thick in a square pattern on all sides of the bologna.
3. Coat the bologna with the Bologna Binder and then coat the Bologna using the BBQ Rub. No mustard should be showing and use your finger tips to push the rub in-between the cuts.
4. Smoke the Bologna for about 3 to 4 hours. Bologna is pre cooked so you can judge the completion based upon the color and flavor that you prefer.
5. During the last 30 minutes of cooking you can brush on the BBQ sauce of choice.
6. Slice anyway you prefer and Enjoy!
How to read your temperature?
I use my ThermoWorks Smoke X4 to read my meats temperature. Click the link below to check out the Smoke X4.
- 2-3 second readings!
- High accuracy to ±0.7°F (±0.4°C)
- Includes NIST-Traceable calibration certificate with test data
- Foldaway thermocouple probe
- Patented auto-rotating display
- Use in either hand
- Motion-sensing sleep & wake mode
- Intelligent backlight
- Waterproof to IP67
- 3,000 hour battery life (AAA Battery)
- Display temps in °C or °F
- With full readings in only 2 to 3 seconds, the Super-Fast® Thermapen is the world’s best in speed and accuracy. Advanced technology makes the new Thermapen Mk4 even more intuitive than previous models. Hold it in any direction and the display automatically rotates right-side-up so you can read it in any position—in either hand, straight up or down; read temperatures without cocking your head.
A great tool for achieving that perfect meat temperature for a medium rare steak on your grill.