I wanted to make a Mac and Cheese from scratch using some of the highest quality products. Swan Bros. Dairy, Inc. and Moodyfoodietulsa partnered together and made this dish. This is great dish to make for a party that you need to feed a lot of people. Your getting the best of the richest cream and the rich cheesy taste with every bite.
- 2lbs (1 Box) Elbow macaroni (This recipe feeds about 12-15 people)
- 12 oz Heavy whipping cream (Swan Bros. Dairy, Inc.)
- 1 Stick Butter
- 6 tbsp Flour
- 4 ½ cups Whole milk (Swan Bros. Dairy, Inc.)
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 block Cream cheese (Chop this block into cubes)
- 4 cups Cheddar cheese (Swan Bros. Dairy, Inc.)
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese
- Boil 8 cups of water in a large pot, read the instructions according to the package.
- In a large pan melt 1 stick of butter (use a whisk) and add your flour.
- While whisking pour in your milk, garlic powder, onion powder, and cream cheese.
- Add in Cheddar cheese (As the cheese begins to melt and your cheese sauce becomes thicker, add in your heavy whipping cream).
- Drain your pasta and combine your noodles with the cheese sauce in the large pot.
- Cut your Velveeta cheese into cubes and melt in the microwave per directions.
- Add your Velveeta cheese into your large pot and stir. If the mixture is getting too thick add milk and turn up the heat. Be careful not to get the mixture too hot.
Swan Bros. Dairy, Inc.
Swan Bros. Dairy, Inc., had its beginning in 1923 by Ruby & Harley Swan, Sr. with one cow. As the years went by, the herd size increased, and milk was home delivered in glass bottles in Claremore until the milk route was sold in 1946. Since the cows were not sold, milk from the dairy was sold to the local processor. In 1951, Swan Dairy started selling Grade A Raw Milk in gallon glass bottles at the farm.
In 1962, brothers Harley, Jr. and Larry purchased the dairy from their father and continued to mark their milk directly to the Claremore Community. In 1972, Harley Jr. and his wife Dorthy, purchased the entire operation. Many years went by selling Oklahoma Premium milk directly to the Claremore community.
The tradition of the Swan’s family dairy has been to produce the highest quality milk; and in April 1985, we begun production Oklahoma Premium Cheese – Colby Variety. In June 1985, production of cheddar variety and Hot Pepper Cheddar variety was begun. In February 1992, Mozzarella variety was added to our cheese products. In 2000, our hickory smoked cheddar was added, and in the fall of 2015, hickory smoked Colby was added to the products available. We use only our own superior Grade A milk to produce our Oklahoma Premium Cheese.
In the spring of 2016, after more than 90 years of producing Oklahoma Premium products, the farm was passed to the third generation when Harley, Jr. and Dorthy’s daughter and son-in-law, Diane and Don Williamson, purchased the operation. They will continue operating the family farm with their children, Jason Williamson, Ashley Hollingsworth and her husband Zach.
Today, we produce, process, and market 100% of our milk and cheese products. From our lush green fields, to healthy and happy cows, to your cold glass our Grade A Raw milk or Oklahoma Premium cheese, we strive to provide our customers with the highest quality milk and cheese every time.
Swan Bros. Dairy, Inc.
938 E 5th Street Claremore, Ok 74017
8am – 6pm Monday thru Saturday
Found your blog. Love the Mac and cheese recipe and plan to try the molded rice veggie plate soon.
Thank you so much and I hope you enjoy it! 🙂